Have you ever sent documents or reports as e-mail attachments directly from Dynamics AX (formerly Axapta) and would have liked to have a more user-friendly layout? Do you also think that the Outlook dialogue requiring you to confirm that the report e-mail is sent is unnecessary? Would you like your documents such as purchase orders and sales confirmations to be sent automatically via e-mail?
Then the "Report Mailer" add-on is your solution.
- The e-mail text can be defined by using e-mail templates. Thus you can create your own HTML e-mails with your individual content.
- For each document (report), there can be one template.
- E-mails are sent by either MAPI, extended MAPI (Outlook), CDO (SMTP) or .Net 2.0 mail (SMTP). With the SMTP option, the e-mails are sent directly through the mail server. In this case, Outlook does not have to be installed and the Outlook security dialogue will no longer be shown.
- If Lotus Notes is your e-mail client, e-mails can be sent through the Lotus Domino Server using one of the SMTP options.
- In the accounts payable and accounts receivable module, documents such as request for quote, purchase orders, quotes, confirmations, invoices and account statements can quickly and easily be sent to contacts by e-mail without having to modify the printer settings (direct e-mail feature, see illustration).
- Lookup e-mail addresses in the print dialog, thus no manual search of e-mail recipients is required.
- Send a copy (bcc) of every e-mail to an admin account.
- Attach documents such as terms & conditions to every e-mail. Default attachments can be specified per report.
- Template and attachments are automatically picked based on the report's langauge.
- E-mails can be sent from batch
- New for AX 2012: Send e-mails from print preview screen
- New for AX 2012: Placeholders in e-mail templates can now contain values from table records printed on the report.
- New for AX 2012: Documents can be sent as direct e-mail when reprinting from journals
Examples of use
- Send sales confirmations to the e-mail address saved in the sales order or to the client's contact person rapidly and by simply ticking the corresponding box in the posting form.
- Design HTML e-mail templates for purchase orders, sales confirmations, invoices etc. in different languages. The language is chosen automatically according to the language of the report.
- Avoid the Outlook security dialogue by sending your e-mails by SMTP.
- Dynamics AX 2012 R3
- Dynamics AX 2012 R2
- Dynamics AX 2012
- Dynamics AX 2009
- Dynamics AX 4.0, all SPs
- Dynamics AX 3.0, all SPs
- Current prices can be found here.